Monday, April 2, 2012

Dear Journal

This is my journal.


I love my journal more than anything. This one little book contains every single secret I've ever had in my life. Every emotion I've experienced, every trial, every time that made me laugh is recorded in these pages. It holds every single thought that has ever crossed my mind since August 18th, 2011. 
The day I started this journal was the day I moved to Salt Lake. I wrote about leaving all my friends behind, leaving my job and my car and my family and about my water polo team reunion I went to the night before. 
I wrote about meeting my roommate, and hoping I would get along with her all year (HA!).
And I wrote about being scared to start college. 
Since that day, so many things have changed and I've documented every single thing that has happened in my life since then. 

I wrote about my first Frat Party... the one where I had to drag my roommates drunk boyfriend from Greek Row, all the way back up to Chapel Glen. 

I wrote about starting Water Polo, and how all the girls were so much better than I was. And our first tournament in Arizona. The one where I got food poisoning on the drive home, and had to spend the night in the hospital by myself. 

I've written about how madly in love I was, with those boys that will remain nameless.... And I wrote about how I had to get over them, and how much it SUCKED! (Still a little bitter...) 

I've basically written about every possible thing you could think of. And you could argue that this journal has been the one thing that has stuck with me during these past 8 months, but truly, I just love writing. 

And I must disagree with you, Alison DeLaurentis. Dying mysteriously, and leaving a beautiful corpse, isn't the only way to immortalize yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment