Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ode to Water Polo

Add caption
I love water polo more than anything else on this earth, more than any person or thing, more than food, more than air.

There are very few things that I am truly passionate about, but water polo is definitely on my list.

Words cant even describe the feeling I get when I dive into the water, and it only gets better from there.

There is absolutely nothing more satisfying than swimming until your muscles are about to explode, then beating the living daylight out of someone, nailing a spot-on shot, and then rejoicing to the smacking sound the ball makes when it hits the back of the cage. Everything about it is perfect.

There is no better feeling than the one I get when I am riding home from a game with my team, all crammed in some van or bus. Being so so tired, and sore, and having that sickly, yet satisfying stomach ache you get when you swallow way too much chlorine. Thats always when I'm at my happiest.

My first collegiate tournament
And even though I cant remember the last time there wasn't water in my ear, or a time when I didn't sweat chlorine, and my hair wasn't a tangled knot on the top of my head, I'll probably be religiously tied to water polo for the rest of my life. Its the most beautiful sport there is, and it just makes everything else in my life ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment