Sunday, March 25, 2012

Skinny-Dipping... Whaaaa??

If you have not been skinny-dipping before, you have not lived.
I'm serious. There is absolutely nothing better in life, nothing more fun, more exhilarating, nothing that makes better stories than skinny dipping.


The first time I ever went was when I was 14 years old, at Camp WILD. I went with 2 of my friends, we were on the main fork of the salmon river. We had planned the ordeal in great detail, we lined up our sleeping bags on the beach right next to each other. We all enthusiastically participated in the campfire meeting that night, and we all went to bed as soon as we could.

We all lay silently in the sand, waiting for even the snorers to quiet down. When the time was right, not a word was said, we all just knew it was show time. We crawled out of our sleeping bags and walked up stream for about 5 minutes.
We were quietly giggling when we got there. But it was the kind of giggling you do when you HAVE to be quiet, so everything is 4 times funnier than normal.

We started counting down from 3, then 5, then about 20, but finally we summoned the courage to just "strip and run." Diving into that river was probably one of the highest points of my life. And it sounds cheesy, but if you've never been, you cant understand it.

It was a full moon that night, and the water was just cool enough to give you goosebumps if you stood still for too long.
We swam around for about 20 minutes and then decided it was time to go back to our warm sleeping bags on the beach.
There were many times to follow, in lots of other rivers and the lake at girl's camp (yeah I'm bad), but that first time will always be the best.

And I should probably just end this post before I start bearing my testimony of how great it is to swim around naked in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment