Saturday, March 17, 2012

Well Here Ya Go

"Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remember telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself. Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew young. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend." -Waking Ned Divine


I've never been one to be particularly expressive, or communicate my emotions very well, so this quote has always hit home for me. 

If I did have the gift however, of telling people how I felt about them, (to their face at least) I would tell my family that I love them all more than anything (even water polo). I would thank them for always putting up with me, and teaching me so much about the real world. I would tell them that I could not have dreamed of a better family to be born into. 

I would tell my friends, Mary and Bekah, that I love them so much, and I would thank them for always being so patient and forgiving. I would thank them also for the years of crazy good times, and the countless occasions when we laughed till we cried... or threw up. I would tell them that I would not be the person I am today, without them in my life. And that I wouldn't have wanted to grow up with anyone other than them. 

1 comment: