Thursday, March 22, 2012

Solitude

Tonight is the most beautiful night I've seen since last summer. 
It was the first time I've been able to go outside at night this year, and not start shivering, get goosebumps, or see my breathe in the freezing air.
Every smell I encountered on my short walk from my dorm to the HC reminded me of last summer. Every time the breeze would blow on my face I was hit with a tidal wave of memories. All good memories of course.
Its nights like these that make me want to go climb up on a roof or find a totally hidden place, and just sit there, all alone, and listen to the world. Moments like those are my favorite. 
Unfortunately, I live on campus with a million other college freshman, and being "alone" is virtually impossible. But I would definitely rather be hidden away in some place that I can fully enjoy this night, than in this tiny, cramped room, with a roommate that I obviously have such a great relationship with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment